Alberta Offering Memorandum for Unit Trust (Real Estate)
Make an offer to the public of trust units to fund a real estate investment with this template Offering Memorandum for the Province of Alberta.
- The offering is a private placement of trust units issued by a mutual fund trust (or unit trust), for the purpose of investing in a limited partnership which will acquire land to develop as commercial and/or residential real estate properties, and develop, subdivide and market the properties.
- The trust will act as the investment vehicle for investors to pool their funds and indirectly invest in long-term capital real estate and related projects.
- The trust's objective is to preserve investors' capital while providing a profitable return through acquisitions and competent management of real estate investment projects.
- Because the trust qualifies as a mutual fund trust, the units being sold are qualified investments under the Income Tax Act (Canada) and are eligible for investments through RRSPs, RRIFs, deferred profit sharing plans, and RESPs.
- The investment is subject to resale restrictions, and there are certain tax considerations which the investor must take into account.
- The offering can only be made to Canadian residents.
- This OM is only for securities that are not listed or traded on any stock exchange or public market.
Download the Alberta Offering Memorandum for Trust Units (Real Estate Investment) in MS Word format. Updated 2011.
Last Updated: 14-Apr-2016