California landlords can rent or lease a premises to a tenant with these affordable California Residential Lease Forms.
- Prepare leases, rental and room & board agreements quickly and easily using our standard form templates.
- Once you've paid for the form, it's yours - you can reuse it as often as necessary. No renewal fees or expiration dates to worry about.
- Write your own documents and save money on costly legal fees.
- If you need to serve a notice to quit or other form of notice, check out our California Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms section.
Cancel a residential lease before the end of its term with this California Agreement for Early Termination of Lease.
- This form can only be used if both the landlord and tenant agree to end the lease early.
- This Agreement is for residential units only. For commercial properties, you need to use a different form.
- The tenant must give written notice setting out the proposed termination date.
Rent an apartment in California to a tenant with this California Apartment Rental Agreement.
The Rental Agreement can be used for either a fixed term or periodic tenancy (week-to-week, month-to-month, year-to-year). Provisions of the Agreement include:
- payment of rent, late charges and NSF check fees,
- the tenant's responsibility for maintenance of the premises,
- joint and several obligations, if there are multiple tenants,
- proper use of the comm.....
CA landlords, extend the period of a lease on a residential rental property with this California Extension of Residential Lease Agreement template.
- The landlord and tenant must both agree to extend the lease term for an additional period.
- Rent will be paid monthly at the rate agreed to by the parties.
- All other provisions of the original lease which are not amended in the Extension Agreement remain in force.
- This agreement is for residential prope.....
Lease a house or apartment in California to a tenant with this Fixed Term Residential Lease Agreement.
The lease runs for a fixed term, such as 1 year. The Lease Agreement contains standard conditions governing residential rentals such as:
- how and when the rent, the security deposit and other charges are to be paid;
- who is responsible for maintenance and repairs;
- what happens if the property is abandoned by the tenant;
- any assignment or sublett.....
California landlords, if you are signing a lease with a tenant who is a minor (such as a student), make sure a parent or guardian of the tenant executes this Lease Co-signer Agreement.
The cosigner agrees to:
- have the landlord check his â„ her credit,
- guarantee that the tenant complies with the rental agreement,
- guarantee the payment of rent.
This California Lease Co-signer Agreement
is provided in MS Word format. It should .....
CA tenants, get your landlord's consent to assign your lease or sublet the rental premises with this California Permission Agreement to Sublet or Assign Lease.
- The new tenant must be approved by the landlord.
- The template can be used to get consent for either an assignment of the lease or a sublease of the premises.
- The landlord has the option to hold the existing tenant responsible for performing the tenant's obligations until the end of the lease term.....
CA tenants, sublet the house or apartment you are renting with this California Residential Sublease Agreement.
- The sublease requires the consent of the landlord.
- The subtenant must pay the rent, the utilities and a damage deposit.
- The subtenant must keep the premises in clean and good condition.
- The subtenant cannot assign the sublease without the consent of both the landlord and the original tenant.
- The sublease includes a Premises I.....
Rent out a house, suite or duplex in California to a tenant with this easy-to-use Residential Tenancy Agreement.
- The Agreement can be used for monthly or weekly tenancies.
- Late fees will be charged on overdue rent payments.
- The landlord has the right to submit a negative credit report if the tenant fails to pay the rent or other charges on time.
- Restrictions on water filled furniture.
- Provisions for rental of a storage unit and/or p.....
Rent a room on a month-to-month basis with this California Rooming House Rental Agreement.
- The agreement contains provisions for renting either a furnished or unfurnished room.
- The landlord is responsible for paying for all utilities.
- The rooming tenant agrees to conserve his/her use of electricity and water.
- A daily fee will be charged for guests who stay beyond a certain number of days.
- Pets are not allowed, except animals trained to as.....
CA tenants, bring in a roommate to share your tenancy and split the rent with this downloadable California Roommate Agreement.
- Consent. The Agreement must also be consented to by the landlord.
- Allocation of Costs. The rent, security deposit, utilities and other costs are to be paid equally by the roommates, or, alternatively, there is provision to set out how much each party will pay.
- Guests. The roommates are each responsible for the c.....