Connecticut landlords, rent a house or apartment to a tenant with these downloadable Residential Lease Forms.
- These customizable templates make it easy to write up a lease or rental agreement.
- Buy the form and download it, and it's yours to use as often as you like. No renewal fees, license fees, or expiry dates.
- These templates can be used by landlords, property managers and rental agents.
- If you need to serve your tenant with a notice, you'll find more legal forms in our Connecticut Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms section.
Cancel a residential lease before the end of its term with this Connecticut Agreement for Early Termination of Lease.
- This form can only be used if both the landlord and tenant agree to end the lease early.
- This Agreement is for residential units only. For commercial properties, you need to use a different form.
- The tenant must give written notice setting out the proposed termination date.
Connecticut landlords, assign your tenant's lease to a new owner with this template Assignment of Lease by Landlord form.
- The Assignment is between the current landlord, the purchaser of the property (new landlord) and the tenant.
- The current landlord assigns the lease to the new landlord, and the tenant covenants to pay rent to the new owner and continue to perform the tenant's obligations under the lease.
- The current landlord and the purchaser agree to ind.....
CT landlords, extend the term of a tenant's lease with this Connecticut Residential Lease Extension Agreement.
- The landlord and tenant must both agree to extend the lease term for an additional period.
- The lease cost now becomes a monthly rental payment for the duration of the extended term.
- All other provisions of the original lease which are not amended in the Extension Agreement remain the same.
- This Agreement is for residential leases only. For.....
Lease a house or apartment in Connecticut to a tenant with this Fixed Term Residential Lease Agreement
The lease runs for a fixed term, such as 1 year. The Lease Agreement contains standard conditions covering residential rentals such as:
- when and how the rent payments are to be made;
- security deposit and late charges;
- responsibilities of each of the parties for maintenance and repairs;
- abandonment of the property by the tenant;<.....
Connecticut landlords, if you are signing a lease with a tenant who is a minor (such as a student), make sure a parent or guardian of the tenant executes this Lease Co-signer Agreement.
The cosigner agrees to:
- have the landlord check his â„ her credit,
- guarantee that the tenant complies with the rental agreement,
- guarantee the payment of rent.
This Connecticut Lease Co-signer Agreement
is provided in MS Word format. It shoul.....
CT tenants, get your landlord's consent to assign your lease or sublet the rental premises with this Connecticut Permission Agreement to Sublet or Assign Lease.
- The new tenant must be approved by the landlord.
- The template can be used to get consent for either an assignment of the lease or a sublease of the premises.
- The landlord has the option to hold the existing tenant responsible for performing the tenant's obligations until the end of the lease ter.....
Rent a house, apartment, or duplex in Connecticut to a tenant by the month or by the week with this Rental Agreement for Residential Premises
- The Agreement establishes what is called a "periodic tenancy" because it runs from rental period to rental period (month to month or week to week).
- The tenant must pay late fees if the rent is not paid on time, and a charge for any returned checks.
- The tenant is responsible for yard maintenance.
- Procedure .....
CT tenants, sublet the house or apartment you are renting with this Connecticut Residential Sublease Agreement.
- The landlord must consent to the sublease.
- The subtenant must pay the rent, the utilities and a damage deposit.
- The subtenant must keep the premises in clean and good condition.
- The subtenant cannot assign the sublease without the consent of both the landlord and the original tenant.
- The sublease includes a Premises Inspecti.....
Connecticut tenants, get your landlord's consent to do alterations to your rental unit with this Agreement for Tenant Alterations.
- The tenant must use only the materials and procedures set out in the agreement.
- The tenant confirms that s/he is not acting as an employee of the landlord.
- The tenant waives all claims against the landlord for injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the work.
- The agreement contains alternate provisions as to owners.....