Iowa landlords, you can rent or lease your rental property to a tenant with these affordable Iowa Residential Lease Forms.
- Prepare leases, rental agreements and other tenant documents using our hassle-free standardized templates.
- When you pay for the form, it's yours - you can reuse it as often as necessary. There are no additional renewal or license fees to pay.
- The forms contain provisions consistent with Iowa landlord tenant laws.
- Jump to our Iowa Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms section for termination and demand notices.
Cancel a tenant's lease before it expires with this Iowa Agreement for Early Termination of Lease.
- Both the landlord and the tenant must agree to end the lease early.
- This Agreement is only for residential tenants. For commercial leases, you need to use this form instead.
- The tenant must give the landlord written notice setting out the proposed termination date.
- The tenant agrees to pay a s.....
Lease a house or apartment in Iowa to a tenant with this Fixed Term Residential Lease Agreement
The lease runs for a fixed term, such as 1 year. The Lease Agreement contains standard conditions covering residential rentals such as:
- when and how the rent payments are to be made;
- security deposit and late charges;
- responsibilities of each of the parties for maintenance and repairs;
- abandonment of the property by the tenant;
Iowa landlords, if you are signing a lease with a tenant who is a minor (such as a student), make sure a parent or guardian of the tenant executes this Lease Co-signer Agreement.
The co-signer agrees to:
- allow the landlord to run a credit check on the co-signer,
- guarantee that the tenant complies with the rental agreement,
- guarantee the payment of rent.
This Iowa Lease Co-signer Agreement
is provided in MS Word format. It sho.....
IA tenants, get your landlord's consent to assign your lease or sublet the rental premises with this Iowa Permission Agreement to Sublet or Assign Lease.
- The new tenant must be approved by the landlord.
- The template can be used to get consent for either an assignment of the lease or a sublease of the premises.
- The landlord has the option to hold the existing tenant responsible for performing the tenant's obligations until the end of the lease term, or a.....
Rent a house or apartment in Iowa to a tenant with this Rental Agreement for Residential Premises, for a monthly or weekly tenancy
- The Agreement establishes what is called a "periodic tenancy" because it runs from rental period to rental period (month to month or week to week).
- The tenant must pay late fees if the rent is not paid on time, and a charge for any returned checks.
- The tenant is responsible for yard maintenance.
- Procedure that the l.....
Extend the term of a tenant's lease with this Iowa Residential Lease Extension Agreement.
- The landlord and tenant must both agree to extend the lease term for an additional period.
- The lease cost now becomes a monthly rental payment for the duration of the extended term.
- All other provisions of the original lease which are not amended in the Extension Agreement remain the same.
- This Agreement is only for residential tenancies. For business tenants,.....
IA tenants, sublet the house or apartment you are renting with this Iowa Residential Sublease Agreement.
- The sublease requires the consent of the landlord.
- The subtenant must pay the rent, the utilities and a damage deposit.
- The subtenant must keep the premises in clean and good condition.
- The subtenant cannot assign the sublease without the consent of both the landlord and the original tenant.
- The sublease includes a Premises Inspect.....
IA tenants, bring in a roommate to split the rent and reduce your rental costs with this downloadable Iowa Roommate Agreement.
The landlord should also sign the Agreement. Provisions of the Agreement include:
- how rent and utilities are to be paid;
- overnight guests;
- code of conduct;
- responsibilities of each of the roommates;
- abandonment of the premises by a roommate.
This Iowa Roommate Agree.....
Iowa tenants, get your landlord's consent to do alterations to your rental unit with this Agreement for Tenant Alterations.
- The tenant must use only the materials and procedures set out in the agreement.
- The tenant confirms that s/he is not acting as an employee of the landlord.
- The tenant waives all claims against the landlord for injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the work.
- The agreement contains alternate provisions as to ownership o.....