Do you own a rental property in Louisiana? These downloadable Residential Lease Forms offer an affordable solution to showing the premises, leasing, renting and dealing with your tenants.
- Purchase standard form contracts for fixed term leases and periodic tenancies (monthly, weekly, etc).
- These do-it-yourself forms are convenient and save you money on legal fees.
- Compliant with the Louisiana Civil Code.
- If you need an eviction notice, jump to the Lousiana Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms section.
Cancel a tenant's lease before it expires with this downloadable Louisiana Agreement for Early Termination of Lease form.
- This form is not for evictions. It can only be used when both the landlord and tenant agree to terminate the lease early.
- This Agreement is only for residential tenants. For commercial leases, you need to use this form instead.
- The tenant must still give the landlord written notice.....
Louisiana landlords, assign your tenant's lease to a new owner of the property with this easy-to-use Assignment of Lease by Landlord form.
- The Assignment is between the current landlord, the purchaser of the property (new landlord) and the tenant.
- The current landlord assigns the lease to the new landlord, and the tenant covenants to pay rent to the new owner and continue to perform the tenant's obligations under the lease.
- The current landlord and the purch.....
LA landlords, extend the term of a lease on a residential rental property with this affordable Louisiana Extension of Lease Agreement.
- The landlord and tenant both agree to extend the lease term for an additional period, as set out in the Agreement.
- The rent will be paid at a monthly rental rate agreed to by the parties.
- All other provisions of the original lease which are not referred to in the Extension Agreement remain the same.
Lease a house or apartment in Louisiana to a tenant with this Fixed Term Residential Lease Agreement
The lease runs for a fixed term, such as 1 year. The Lease Agreement contains standard conditions covering residential rentals such as:
- when and how the rent payments are to be made;
- security deposit and late charges;
- responsibilities of each of the parties for maintenance and repairs;
- abandonment of the property by the tenant;
LA landlords, if you are signing a lease with a tenant who is a minor (such as a student), make sure a parent or guardian of the tenant executes this Louisiana Lease Co-signer Agreement.
The co-signer agrees to:
- allow the landlord to run a credit check on the co-signer,
- guarantee that the tenant complies with the rental agreement,
- guarantee the payment of rent.
This Louisiana Lease Co-signer Agreement
is provided in MS Word f.....
Get your landlord's consent to assign your lease or sublet your rental unit for the rest of the lease term with this Louisiana Permission Agreement to Sublet or Assign Lease.
- The new tenant must meet the landlord's requirements, and the landlord must give its written approval of the new tenant.
- The form contains clauses for either an assignment of the lease or a sublease of the premises.
- The landlord has the option to hold the existing tenant responsibl.....
Rent a house or apartment in Louisiana to a tenant with this Rental Agreement for Residential Premises, for a monthly or weekly tenancy
- The Agreement establishes what is called a "periodic tenancy" because it runs from rental period to rental period (month to month or week to week).
- The tenant must pay late fees if the rent is not paid on time, and a charge for any returned checks.
- The tenant is responsible for yard maintenance.
- Procedure that .....
LA tenants, sublease the property you are renting to a subtenant with this Louisiana Residential Sublease Agreement.
- Consent. The sublease requires the consent of the landlord.
- Costs Borne by Subtenant. The subtenant must pay the rent, the utilities and a damage deposit.
- Upkeep. The subtenant must keep the premises in clean and good condition.
- Assignment. The subtenant cannot assign the sublease without the consent of b.....
Louisiana tenants, get your landlord's consent to do alterations to your rental unit with this Agreement for Tenant Alterations.
- The tenant must use only the materials and procedures set out in the agreement.
- The tenant confirms that s/he is not acting as an employee of the landlord.
- The tenant waives all claims against the landlord for injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the work.
- The agreement contains alternate provisions as to owners.....