Are you renting to a tenant? Do you have a signed lease? You should. Use one of these Residential Lease and Tenancy Forms for Nova Scotia landlords and property managers.
- Fixed term and monthly lease forms that you can use to rent a house, apartment, duplex or mobile home to a tenant.
- These templates are downloadable legal documents that are prepared under the Residential Tenancies Act.
- You can customize each form specially for your tenants and rental property.
- Don't pay legal fees each time you need a new lease drawn up. Do it yourself quickly and easily.
NS landlords, allow your tenant to make alterations to the rental premises with this Nova Scotia Agreement for Tenant Alterations to Rental Unit.
- The tenant must use only the materials and procedures set out in the agreement.
- The tenant confirms that s/he is not acting as an employee of the landlord.
- The tenant waives all claims against the landlord for injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the work.
- The agreement contains alternate provis.....
Extend the term of your tenant's residential lease with this easy-to-use Extension Agreement for Nova Scotia rentals.
- The landlord and tenant agree to extend the lease term for an additional period and at a monthly rental rate set out in the Extension Agreement.
- All provisions of the original lease which are not amended in the Extension Agreement remain the same.
If you're a Nova Scotia landlord, you'll find this form handy. Buy, download, use immediate.....
Get your landlord's consent to assign your lease or sublet your rental unit for the rest of the lease term with this Nova Scotia Permission Agreement to Sublet or Assign Lease.
- The new tenant must meet the landlord's requirements, and the landlord must give its written approval of the new tenant.
- The form contains clauses for either an assignment of the lease or a sublease of the premises.
- The landlord has the option to hold the existing tenant responsi.....
NS landlords, do you lease to tenants who are minors (such as students)? Make sure a parent or guardian of the tenant executes this Lease Co-signer Agreement and attach it to the Lease.
The cosigner agrees to:
- have the landlord check his â„ her credit,
- guarantee that the tenant complies with the rental agreement,
- guarantee the payment of rent.
This Nova Scotia Lease Co-signer Agreement
is a downloadable legal form which is c.....
If you own rental property in Nova Scotia, you can rent it to a tenant with this downloadable Residential Lease â„ Tenancy Agreement.
- The template can be used for a house, apartment, or mobile home (manufactured home) space.
- The Agreement can be used for either a fixed term lease (for instance, a lease term of 1 year) or for a periodic tenancy (month to month, week to week, or year to year).
- The template includes a section for premises that are administer.....
If you plan to keep part of your tenant's security deposit for unpaid rent or damages, you must file this Security Deposit Claim form with the Nova Scotia Director of Residential Tenancies.
- The claim form must be filed within 10 days after the tenancy terminates.
- If the security deposit is not sufficient to cover the amount being claimed, the landlord can file an application with the Director for an order for the balance remaining.
The Nova Scotia Secur.....