Ontario Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms
Prepare notices to serve on your tenant or your landlord with these downloadable template Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms for Ontario.
Q. How much notice does a tenant need to give before moving out?
A. Ontario law requires a month-to-month tenant to give the landlord at least 60 days' written notice. The termination date stated in the notice must be the last day of the rental period or the lease term. Weekly and daily tenants are required to give 28 days' written notice.
Q. How can the landlord end the tenancy?
A. The landlord must give the tenant a Notice of Termination setting out the reason for the termination and the number of days that the tenant has to either fix the problem or move out. If the tenant fails to do either one, the landlord can apply to the Landlord and Tenant Board to evict the tenant.
Q. How much notice does the landlord need to give before raising the rent?
A. The landlord must give the tenant at least 90 days' written notice before the date on which the rental increase will become effective. The landlord cannot increase the rent until 12 months after the tenant's tenancy started. The Ontario Landlord and Tenant Act states that the rent can only be increased once every 12 months.
- Ontario 10-Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy Early FREE ID: 8705
- Ontario Agreement to Increase Rent Above Guideline FREE ID: 8706
- Ontario Application About Tenant Rights FREE ID: 1282
- Ontario Application About a Sublet or an Assignment FREE ID: 1281
- Ontario Certificate of Service FREE ID: 1277
- Ontario Notice of Rent Increase FREE ID: 8709
- Ontario Notice of Rent Increase - Unit Partially Exempt FREE ID: 8708
- Ontario Notice of Termination for Unpaid Rent FREE ID: 8710
- Ontario Notice to Tenant of Sale of Rental Premises $6.29 ID: 2206
- Ontario Notice to Terminate Tenancy Early FREE ID: 8711
- Ontario Notice to Terminate Tenancy at End of Term FREE ID: 8713
- Ontario Tenant Application for a Rent Reduction FREE ID: 1280
- Ontario Tenant's Notice to Terminate Tenancy FREE ID: 8712