ACT tenants, do you share a house or flat with one or more roommates? Be sure that everyone understands their obligations with this Shared Tenancy Agreement for tenancies in ACT.
This is NOT a rental contract or tenancy agreement between a landlord and tenant, but rather it is an agreement between roommates setting out how the shared expenses will be divided, and what will happen if one of the roommates decides to move out.
Provisions of the Agreement include:
- how rental expenses are to be divided up among the tenants, including rent, security deposit â„ bond, long distance telephone and other expenses;
- responsibility for damage and repairs;
- termination by a roommate;
- what happens if a roommate defaults in performing their obligations;
- disposal of abandoned property left behind when a roommate moves out;
- a set of house rules.
This Australian Capital Territory Shared Tenancy Agreement
is fully editable and can be easily customised to fit your particular needs.
Last Updated: 14-Apr-2016