Wyoming well operators, use this ready-made template to draw up a Surface Use Agreement
with a land owner, to drill a stratigraphic test well on the owner's property.
- The land owner grants the operator a right of way to enter and use the property for the purpose of drilling and testing one stratigraphic test well.
- If the operator needs to construct an access road, it must be done in such a manner as to cause the least amount of interference with the owner's operations on the lands.
- The land owner reserves the right to use all access roads and to grant successive easements on the lands.
- The well operator will pay the land owner a per diem rate for use of the lands.
- The well operator is responsible for maintaining the well site and the road right-of-way and must not permit the release or discharge of any toxic or hazardous substances.
- Seismic operations and surface discharge of produced water are not permitted anywhere on the owner's property.
- After testing has ceased, the land owner will be given a 15-day notice to take over the test hole and convert it to a water well. If the owner opts to take over the hole, the owner assumes all liability thereafter. If not, the hole will be filled in and the location restored.
This Wyoming Surface Use Agreement
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable.
Last Updated: 14-Apr-2016