Never prepared a lease before? Don't sweat it. We've got the residential leases and tenancy forms you need for rental properties in Prince Edward Island.
- You can find both fixed term lease contracts (e.g. 1 year) and periodic tenancy agreements (for monthly or weekly tenancies).
- You can use these legal forms to rent houses, apartments, duplexes and mobile homes.
- The templates can be used by landlords and rental property managers.
- Easily customize the documents to fit your unique circumstances.
- All forms are prepared under the Rental of Residential Property Act.
- You can find notices to terminate a lease, and for other matters, in the PEI Landlord and Tenant Notice Forms.
PEI landlords, allow your tenant to make alterations to the rental premises with this Prince Edward Island Agreement for Tenant Alterations to Rental Unit.
- The tenant must use only the materials and procedures set out in the agreement.
- The tenant confirms that s/he is not acting as an employee of the landlord.
- The tenant waives all claims against the landlord for injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the work.
- The agreement contains altern.....
Cancel a tenant's lease before the end of the lease term with this Prince Edward Island Agreement for Early Termination of Lease form.
- This form is not for evictions. It can only be used when both the landlord and tenant agree to terminate the lease early.
- This Agreement is for residential tenants only. A different form is required for commercial rental properties.
- The tenant must still give the landl.....
PEI landlords, extend the term of a tenant's lease with this Prince Edward Island Extension of Residential Lease form.
- The landlord and tenant mutually agree to extend the lease term for an additional period.
- The monthly rental charge to be paid by the tenant is set out in the agreement.
- All provisions of the original lease which are not amended in the Extension remain the same.
This Prince Edward Island Extension of Residential Lease
PEI tenants, assign your lease or sublet the premises with this Prince Edward Island Permission Agreement to Sublet or Assign Lease.
- The landlord must consent to the assignment or sublease.
- The new tenant must meet the landlord's requirements, and the landlord must give its written approval of the new tenant.
- The form contains clauses for either an assignment of the lease or a sublease of the premises.
- The landlord has the option to hold the e.....
PEI landlords, if you are signing a lease with a tenant who is a student and/or a minor, make sure a parent or guardian of the tenant executes this Lease Co-Signer Agreement for Prince Edward Island.
The co-signer agrees to:
- have the landlord check his â„ her credit,
- guarantee that the tenant complies with the rental agreement,
- guarantee the payment of rent.
This Prince Edward Island Lease Co-Signer Agreement
Lease a house, apartment or mobile home to a tenant with this Prince Edward Island Residential Tenancy Agreement.
- The Agreement complies with the requirements of the provincial Rental of Residential Property Act.
- This rental contract can also be used to rent a mobile home or mobile home lot.
- The template includes the required Statutory Conditions contained in Sections 6 and 7 of the Act.
- Schedule B to the Agreement contains the provisions for termi.....