Ontario Commercial Leases
Prepare professional commercial leasing documents for Ontario business premises quickly and easily with these template forms.
- Lease forms and commercial landlord-tenant forms specifically for the Province of Ontario.
- Customizable and re-usable templates that can be used by landlords and rental property managers.
- Downloadable and easy to use.
Assign an existing lease on a rental property to a new owner as part of the sale transaction with this Ontario Assignment of Lease by Landlord form.
- The Assignment is between the seller (current landlord), the purchaser of the property (new landlord), and the tenant.
- The tenant covenants to pay rent to the new landlord and continue to perform the tenant's obligations under the lease.
- The assignor and assignee agree to indemnify each other against any claims or actions arising out of any breach of the terms of the assignment.
- This form can be used for either a residential or commercial rental property.
The Ontario Assignment of Lease by Landlord form
is a fully editable legal template.
Rent out space for a manufacturing and distribution centre in Ontario with this template Commercial Lease Agreement.
- The tenant leases the entire facility and pays all expenses, utilities, etc.
- The tenant is responsible for all maintenance and repairs (except roof, structure, or HVAC).
- Costs to be included as additional rent.
- The landlord's remedies if the tenant defaults.
- The tenant's trade fixtures remain the tenant's property, but all improvements become the property of the landlord.
- The tenant agrees not to register its leasehold interest, or to allow any creditor to register a claim against its leasehold interest.
- The lease will become void if the provisions of the Planning Act are not complied with.
The Commercial Lease Agreement for Manufacturing Centre is an essential template for Ontario commercial landlords. Download your copy.
Ontario commercial landlords, prepare lease contracts for your tenants with this Commercial Lease Agreement with Guarantee.
- The lease is a completely carefree net lease for the landlord.
- The tenant pays, as additional rent, all expenses for the premises including taxes, utilities, capital expenditures, insurance, etc.
- Provisions for early occupancy and for failure to take possession.
- The tenant has an option to renew at the end of the term.
- The tenant is obligated to do business in the premises.
- The tenant has the right to remove its trade fixtures at the end of the term, provided that the tenant has perfomed its obligations under the lease.
- Guarantee of tenant's obligations by a guarantor who has a financial interest in the tenant.
The Ontario Commercial Net Lease with Guarantee
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.
Rent out office or other business premises to a tenant with this Ontario Commercial Triple Net Lease Agreement.
- This lease is a triple net lease carefree to the landlord, which means that the tenant pays for everything to do with the premises including structural repairs.
- The tenant has an option to renew the lease for an additional term.
- The tenant will pay all expenses, taxes, levies, and charges with respect to the premises, except for the landlord's income taxes.
- The tenant is responsible for carrying fire and extended coverage insurance.
- The tenant is responsible for all alterations, improvements, maintenance and repairs.
- Provisions for abatement of rent or termination of the lease if the building is substantially damaged, destroyed or condemned.
- The tenant accepts the lease subordinate to any mortgage or other lien.
- The tenant must provide an estoppel certificate on request by the landlord.
This Ontario Commercial Triple Net Lease Agreement
template is available in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your needs.
Ontario commercial landlords, do you have a tenant who is behind in the rent or otherwise in default under the lease? Serve the tenant with this Distress Notice and Notice of Breach.
The Distress Notice informs the tenant that, pursuant to the Commercial Tenancies Act, the landlord:
- has changed the locks of the premises,
- has distrained (seized) the goods and chattels of the tenant,
- will sell the goods and chattels at public auction or private sale if the breaches are not remedied within 5 days.
This Ontario Distress Notice and Notice of Breach
is a reusable legal form. Buy, download, fill in, use as often as you require.
Cancel an existing lease on office or retail space with this Ontario Mutual Cancellation of Lease template.
- This agreement is only for commercial tenancies. You will need to use a different form for residential tenants.
- The lessor (landlord) and lessee (tenant) mutually agree that the lease will terminate as of a specific date.
- All rights and obligations of the parties under the lease are extinguished, except for those which accrue prior to the termination date.
This Ontario Mutual Cancellation of Commercial Lease
template is downloadable and fully editable to fit your needs.