Manage the operations of a law firm with these template forms for law office administrators and managing partners.
- Canadian, US and generic forms available.
- Downloadable, customizable templates.
Prepare a Contingency Fee Agreement between an Alberta lawyer and his/her client with this easy downloadable template.
- The Agreement complies with Rule 10.7 of the new Alberta Rules of Court, updated as of February 2011.
- The lawyer's legal fees charged to the client will be based on the lawyer's success in prosecuting the client's claim.
- The client will pay reasonable disbursements regardless of the outcome.
To download the Contingency Fee Agreement form, add it to your shopping cart and go through the secure checkout.
Inform a client about a potential conflict of interest with this Conflict Letter, in accordance with Chapter 5 of the Province of Alberta Code of Professional Conduct.
- The letter should be sent to each party in a transaction where the lawyer has been asked to represent both parties, such as a real estate transaction.
- The parties should each give their consent in writing to the lawyer acting for both sides.
This Alberta Solicitor's Conflict Letter
is available as a MS Word template.
BC lawyers can use this digital template to prepare Fee Agreements for their clients. The agreement sets out the understanding between the parties with respect to:
- billing rates of the lawyer(s) working on the file,
- methods of calculating legal fees,
- disbursements and expenses,
- interest charges on account balances,
- retainer and contingency arrangements,
- delinquent payments.
This Fee Agreement template is intended solely for use in the Province of British Columbia.
California lawyers, prepare an Attorney Retainer Agreement between you and your client with this fully editable template.
- The client's retainer deposit will be deposited in a trust account and applied to legal fees, costs and expenses as billed.
- The rates for legal, paralegal and secretarial services are set out, as well as minimum billing units (in minutes), phone and fax charges, parking, mileage, etc.
- Either party has the right to terminate the relationship at any time, although the attorney may only withdraw with the client's consent or for good cause, which is defined.
- The client grants the attorney a lien over any claims or amounts due to the client, including awards, judgments and settlements.
- The attorney must advise the client of any conflict of interest in accordance with the provisions of Section 3-310 of the State Bar of California Rules of Professional Conduct.
- The attorney must advise the client of the relevant provisions of California Evidence Code Section 962 governing attorney-client privilege.
- The parties agree to binding arbitration to settle any disputes arising out of the Agreement.
This California Attorney Retainer Agreement
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to meet your business needs.
Write up an Acknowledgement and Waiver of Independent Legal Advice for a client to sign with this template form for Canadian lawyers.
- The person signing the document acknowledges that he or she has been offered independent legal advice to advise him (her) of the ramifications, effect and scope of the document he or she is signing.
- The person has decided of his or her own free will to waive such independent legal advice.
- This form can be used anywhere in Canada.
- This is a reusable Canadian legal form. Purchase it, download it, save it as a template, use it as often as you require.
To access the form, add it to your shopping cart and go through checkout. You'll then be able to download it to your computer or tablet.
Prepare a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice for a client with this ready-to-use form for use in Canada.
- The lawyer making the Certificate states that he â„ she has provided an individual with legal advice regarding a document independently from any other party.
- The individual confirms that they have received the legal advice.
- The form also includes an Acknowledgement and Waiver of Independent Legal Advice, in the event that the individual waives his/her right to legal advice.
- It is fully customizable and can be used as often as you require.
This Canada Certificate of Independent Legal Advice
form is available as a MS Word download.