Loaning money to someone? Selling a business or property on payment terms? Make sure you get paid - get the borrower or buyer to sign one of these Promissory Note Forms.
Polonius said 'Neither a borrower nor a lender be. For oft loan loses both itself and friend.' Good advice! However, if you do plan to lend money to anyone (including family and friends), then put it all in writing and signed before you hand over a penny. Otherwise you run a very significant risk of never seeing your money again.
A promissory note is a promise by the borrower to pay back the money at the agreed rate of interest by a specified date. Once it is signed, it is a legally binding contract. Some jurisdictions require a promissory note to be executed in front of a notary.
- Balloon Mortgage Promissory Note $2.29 ID: 4850
- Balloon Promissory Note with Collateral Provisions $2.29 ID: 4701
- Demand Promissory Note FREE ID: 101
- Grid Promissory Note for Multiple Loan Advances $6.29 ID: 233
- Installment Note for Purchase of Goods $12.49 ID: 5252
- Interest-Free Demand Promissory Note $2.29 ID: 230
- Line of Credit Promissory Note $6.29 ID: 4238
- Notice of Default on Note and Demand for Payment $2.29 ID: 4551
- Promissory Note (Debt Forgiven on Death of Lender) $2.29 ID: 227
- Promissory Note (Regular Payments, No Interest) $2.29 ID: 228
- Promissory Note for Family Loan Payable From Estate $2.29 ID: 1049
- Promissory Note for Interest Only $2.29 ID: 1038
- Purchase Money Promissory Note for Employee Share Purchase $12.49 ID: 5260
- Purchase Money Promissory Note for Real Estate Purchase $6.29 ID: 5256