Ontario Assignment of Lease by Landlord
Assign an existing lease on a rental property to a new owner as part of the sale transaction with this Ontario Assignment of Lease by Landlord form.
- The Assignment is between the seller (current landlord), the purchaser of the property (new landlord), and the tenant.
- The tenant covenants to pay rent to the new landlord and continue to perform the tenant's obligations under the lease.
- The assignor and assignee agree to indemnify each other against any claims or actions arising out of any breach of the terms of the assignment.
- This form can be used for either a residential or commercial rental property in Ontario.
- This is a fully editable legal template.
Last Updated: 20-January-2021