(0) items
You have no items in your shopping cart.
All Categories


    Download easy-to-use lien release forms for contractors, sub-trades and suppliers in the State of Utah.

    Who has the right to file a mechanics lien in Utah?

    Primary contractors, subcontractors and other furnishers of labor and/or materials to the project (including equipment lessors) have mechanics lien rights. Unlike many states, suppliers to suppliers also have lien rights so long as the materials supplied can be traced to the actual project and the party complies with the State notice requirements.

    There are two separate lien types in Utah, depending on when the work was furnished: a Pre-Construction Lien and a Construction Lien. Also note that parties who provide services to or related to the property, but do not contribute to actual "improvement” of the property, are not allowed to claim a lien.

    What is the deadline for filing a lien?

    A party claiming a pre-construction lien must file a Notice of Pre-Construction Lien within 90 days after the completion of their furnishing of pre-construction services.

    A party claiming a construction lien must file a Notice of Construction Lien within 90 days after the date on which a Notice of Completion is filed or within 180 days of the completion of the original contract if a Notice of Completion is not filed.

    Sort by
    Display per page