Marriage and Family Law

Draw up prenuptial, custody, maintenance agreements, separation, cohabitation and matrimonial property agreements with these Marital and Family Law Forms.


Q. What does the term family law cover?

A. Family law is the branch of law that deals with domestic and family matters such as:

  • matrimony, civil unions (domestic partnerships),
  • divorce, separation, support and maintenance,
  • custody and visitation,
  • spousal and child abuse,
  • adoption and foster care,
  • guardianship,
  • paternity.

Q. What is a cohabitation agreement?

A. A cohabitation agreement is a legal document entered into by two unmarried partners who plan to live together in a spousal relationship. The purpose of a cohabitation agreement is much like that of a prenuptial agreement - the partners agree on who owns what going into the relationship, and who will own what if the relationship ends. It also sets out the party's rights and obligations with respect to jointly owned property, child support and maintenance, debt repayment and other issues.


Sub Categories

View as Grid List
Sort by
Display per page

Alberta Adult Interdependent Partner Agreement

Common law opposite-sex or same sex couples can qualify for certain rights and benefits under Alberta law by signing an Adult Interdependent Partner Agreement.

In order to be eligible, you and your partner must:
  1. be emotionally committed to one another,
  2. share each other's lives,
  3. function as an economic and domestic unit, and
  4. must not be married to another person at the same time.
Signing this Agreement means:
  • You and your part.....

Alberta Cohabitation Agreement

Do you and your significant other live together? Are you planning to? If you live in Alberta, you should sign this Cohabitation Agreement.

  • A cohabitation agreement is an effective means for any couple to determine what happens with respect to property division and spousal support if they split up.
  • The Alberta Matrimonial Property Act does not apply to common law couples. An agreement can ensure that your home and other assets are divided fairly.
  • You can also.....

Alberta Matrimonial Property Contract

Reconciling spouses in Alberta should sign this Matrimonial Property Contract to specify what will happen to the matrimonial home if they should decide to divorce.

  • This agreement is only for couples who have no children.
  • The contract sets out the rights and interests that each spouse has in the matrimonial property (e.g. the home they live in), and their respective individual assets.
  • Neither spouse will have an interest in the other's RRSP contribu.....

Alberta Prenuptial Agreement

If you're getting married soon and you're an Alberta resident, you and your future spouse should consider signing this Prenuptial (Pre-Marriage) Agreement.

  • The purpose of the Agreement is to clearly establish what the rights and obligations of each party are with respect to joint and individual personal property, in the event that the marriage breaks down.
  • Assets owned by each party prior to the marriage remain the sole property of the individual party.
  • E.....

Alberta Reconciliation Agreement

A reconciling couple can set out in writing how property, custody and support issues will be handled if they split up again with this Reconciliation Agreement for Alberta.

  • The spouses agree to each take active roles in raising and nurturing the children, and to consult with each other on important issues such as health care, education and religion.
  • Child support will be paid in accordance with the Federal Child Support Guidelines or as amended by court order.
  • $29.99

Alberta Separation Agreement

Have you and your spouse decided to separate? If you live in Alberta, you can put the terms of the separation in writing with this Separation and Matrimonial Property Agreement.

  • The Separation Agreement assumes that the parties own the matrimonial home (principal residence) as joint tenants.
  • The parties agree to transfer title to the property into one name alone.
  • The transferee of the title will buy out the share of the other party.
  • Each par.....

Arizona Community Property Agreement

Prepare a Community Property Agreement for the State of Arizona with this easy to use template form.

  • You and your spouse ⁄ partner can use this form to designate certain jointly owned property as community property.
  • The Agreement is made in accordance with Chapter 2 of Title 25 of the Arizona Revised Statutes.

It's important to put your property arrangements in writing. Download your copy of the Arizona Community Property Agreement, fill it in and sig.....


British Columbia Cohabitation Agreement

In 2013 the BC Family Law Act drastically extended the property rights of cohabiting couples. If you and your partner have decided you each want to keep specific assets and debts separate, you need this British Columbia Cohabitation Agreement.

  • Couples who decide to live together instead of getting married do so for a reason. The new law may offer you additional rights and protections in some regards, but it may also impact your rights regarding your own separate property.
  • .....

Canada Asset Acquisition Agreement (Jointly Owned Asset)

This Canada Asset Acquisition Agreement for a jointly owned asset sets out in writing how the asset will be dealt with if you and your spouse / partner break up.

  • The Agreement can be used to cover all substantial assets you purchase together (such as a home, vacation property, boat, RV, family vehicle, etc.).
  • Each spouse agrees to pay half of the purchase price, but if one spouse cannot make a payment for any reason, the other spouse can make the payment and his/her.....

Canada Asset Acquisition Agreement (Separately Owned Asset)

Are you purchasing a substantial asset (such as a real estate property, a vehicle, boat, etc.) separately from your spouse or partner? Then you need to sign this Canada Asset Acquisition Agreement for a separately owned asset.

  • This is a legal document which sets out in writing that you will be purchasing the property and making all the payments solely on your own.
  • Your spouse/partner acknowledges that you will have sole ownership and waives any claims or rights that.....