(0) items
You have no items in your shopping cart.
All Categories

    New South Wales

    Let or lease a residential rental property with these easy-to-use Residential Tenancy Forms for New South Wales.

    • Tenancy and occupancy agreements for detached homes, flats, residential parks, student housing, rooming and boarding houses
    • Rental bond forms
    • Landlord and tenant notices
    • Statutory requirements

    Q. What laws are in place in NSW to protect the rights of landlords and tenants?

    A.  The Residential Tenancies Act 2010 sets out the rights and obligations of landlords and tenants of residential properties. This Act covers tenants who have entered into a tenancy agreement (either written or oral) for a house, flat or other residential premises, social housing tenants, community housing providers and the Aboriginal Housing Office, and anyone renting a home in a residential park.

    It does NOT cover people who own a home in a residential park but rent the site, residential aged-care or respite-care homes, temporary or holiday accommodation (such as hotels, motels, holiday parks, etc.), hospitals, nursing homes, retirement villages, crisis accommodations, boarding or lodging accommodations, or any form of business tenancies.

    Q. How much notice is a landlord required to give to end a tenancy in New South Wales?

    A. It depends on the reason for terminating the tenancy. For instance, if the tenant is in breach of the tenancy agreement the minimum notice period is 14 days. A 30-day notice is required prior to the end of a fixed term tenancy. All notices must be in writing and must state the date on which the tenancy will terminate.

    Q. What is the best way to serve a notice on a tenant or a landlord?

    A. Personal delivery is the best method. You can also fax it, or post it to any address they have given as an address for serving notices. You cannot give notice verbally or by email or texting.

    Sort by
    Display per page