Before you make that home loan to a customer, a friend or a family member, register a mortgage against the property with a mortgage form for Massachusetts.

The Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation (OCABR) oversees licensing of mortgage brokers and lenders in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Lenders and brokers are not required to have a physical office location within the state.

A license is not required for anyone making or originating fewer than 5 mortgage loans in any consecutive 12-month period. However, unlicensed persons or firms are still subject to other laws governing mortgage loans, and consumer protection laws and regulations.

View as Grid List
Sort by
Display per page