West Virginia

Preserve and enforce your mechanic's liens with these easy-to-use downloadable Lien Forms for West Virginia contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.


Q. Who has the right to file a mechanic's lien in West Virginia?

A. Every contractor, subcontractor and supplier who furnishes labor, materials or products to a construction project for improvement to a building, structure or existing improvement is entitled to a mechanic's lien. This includes architects, surveyors, landscapers and engineers. Only parties within the first 3 tiers are entitled to a lien.

Q. How long do I have in order to file my lien?

A. To perfect a lien and preserve lien rights, a mechanic or materialman who provides labor, materials or products for a construction project must, within 100 days of completion or last supply, record a Notice of Mechanic's Lien with the county clerk. The claimant then has 6 months after recording the notice to enforce the lien.

View as Grid List
Sort by
Display per page