Put your instructions for medical treatment in writing and name someone to make health care decisions for you with this Personal Directive form for Northwest Territories residents.
- A Personal Directive allows you the opportunity to set out your wishes regarding what types of medical treatment you want or don't want, in the event that you are diagnosed with a terminal condition or are in a coma with no real chance of recovery.
- You can name someone you trust to act as your agent to give consent and make medical and personal care decisions on your behalf if you are unable to, due to incapacity or medical condition.
- The form also includes information and instructions to help you complete your Personal Directive.
- Updated 2019 to ensure compliance with the Personal Directives Act.
- This legal document should only be used in the Territory of Northwest Territories, Canada.
Last Updated: 24-January-2019