Victoria General Power of Attorney
You may not always be able to run your own affairs, whether due to absence, illness or injury. Appoint someone you trust to handle your business and financial affairs for you with this General Power of Attorney form.
- This form is specifically for the State of Victoria, Australia.
- A General Power of Attorney is used to give someone you name the authority to look after your finances, business affairs, legal actions, etc. on your behalf, but ONLY while you are still capable of making such decisions on your own.
- A General Power of Attorney terminates if you lose the legal capacity to make your own decisions.
- The Power of Attorney cannot be used to delegate the authority to make medical, financial or lifestyle decisions for you if you become incapacitated.
- This form contains instructions on how to complete and execute the power of attorney, as well as a Revocation of Power of Attorney form, in case you want to revoke the authority at some point in future.
Download and complete the General Power of Attorney, and keep it in a safe place. You'll have more peace of mind knowing you've provided for unforeseen circumstances down the road.
Last Updated: 14-Apr-2016