Appoint an agent (attorney) to manage your finances and property in the event that you can no longer do so, with this Ontario Continuing Power of Attorney for Property.
- The Power of Attorney is in accordance with the Ontario Substitute Decisions Act, 1992.
- This document allows you to appoint someone you trust to make decisions on your behalf for issues relating to your property.
- The Power of Attorney does NOT grant your agent authority to make health care or personal care decisions for you.
- You can impose conditions and restrictions on your agent's powers as you see fit.
- You can choose if the power of attorney will come into effect only if you become mentally incapable or if you wish to have it become effective immediately.
- The form includes instructions on how to fill out the Power of Attorney and how to execute it to ensure that it is valid.
This Ontario Continuing Power of Attorney for Property
template is provided in MS Word format, and is easy to use and understand.