California Attorney Retainer Agreement
California lawyers, prepare an Attorney Retainer Agreement between you and your client with this fully editable template.
- The client's retainer deposit will be deposited in a trust account and applied to legal fees, costs and expenses as billed.
- The rates for legal, paralegal and secretarial services are set out, as well as minimum billing units (in minutes), phone and fax charges, parking, mileage, etc.
- Either party has the right to terminate the relationship at any time, although the attorney may only withdraw with the client's consent or for good cause, which is defined.
- The client grants the attorney a lien over any claims or amounts due to the client, including awards, judgments and settlements.
- The attorney must advise the client of any conflict of interest in accordance with the provisions of Section 3-310 of the State Bar of California Rules of Professional Conduct.
- The attorney must advise the client of the relevant provisions of California Evidence Code Section 962 governing attorney-client privilege.
- The parties agree to binding arbitration to settle any disputes arising out of the Agreement.
- This California Attorney Retainer Agreement template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to meet your business needs.
Last Updated: 22-March-2021