This California Deed of Trust is based on the Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac form and contains all the required standard and non-standard covenants and provisions.
- A Deed of Trust takes the place of a mortgage in California and is used to secure repayment of a home loan.
- Title to the property is transferred to a neutral third party trustee, who holds the title until the loan is paid or the borrower defaults in payment.
- If a borrower breaches the terms of the Deed of Trust and, after receiving written notice of the breach from the lender, has failed to remedy the breach, the lender can accelerate repayment of the balance owing plus costs.
- The lender has the right to invoke a power of sale and have the trustee sell the property at public auction to the highest bidder.
- Available in MS Word format.
- Intended to be used only in the State of California.
Last Updated: 16-February-2022