Restrictive Covenant on Subdivision Lots | Canada
Draw up a Restrictive Covenant governing the use, development and appearance of lots in a residential subdivision with this customizable template for Canadian developers.
- The Restrictive Covenant will be registered on the title for all residential lots in the subdivision.
- Development is restricted to one detached single family dwelling on each lot, and accessory buildings such as garages, sheds, etc.
- Mobile homes and modular structures are not allowed.
- No building may be moved onto a lot, and all buildings must be constructed on site, from new materials.
- The developer must give approval for all buildings, fences, and other structures.
- The restrictive covenant runs with the land, and the rights of the developer under the covenant will transfer to the new owners of the subdivision lots as they are developed and sold.
- This legal document template is available in MS Word format and can be easily edited to fit your circumstances.
Last Updated: 03-April-2021