Separation Agreement for Common Law or Same Sex Couple | Canada
The end of a relationship is always traumatic. Make the process a little easier by putting the terms of your settlement into this Canada Separation Agreement for common law partners (same sex or opposite sex).
- Arrangements for custody of and access to the couple's children, and amounts of spousal support and child maintenance to be paid (if any).
- Both partners will pay the couple's joint debts, and each partner will pay their own individual debts.
- Terms for dividing property jointly owned by both partners. Each partner will continue to own their respective separate property.
- Terms for disposition of the couple's home, if it is owned by the partners.
- List of each partner's assets and liabilities.
- The form includes an Affidavit of Execution (to be sworn by a witness), a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice or an Acknowledgement and Waiver of Independent Legal Advice (whichever is appropriate).
- You will need to see a lawyer for independent legal advice before signing this form.
This Separation Agreement (Common Law or Same Sex Couple) is for Canadian residents. It's easy to fill in with all your personal information, and you can customize it for your circumstances.
Last Updated: 15-January-2021