Canada Takeover Bid Offering Circular
An Offering Circular must be distributed to the shareholders and security holders of any Canadian corporation which is the target of a takeover bid. The Circular contains information required by the shareholders, such as:
- history of the offeror and a description of its business,
- the purpose of the offering and the offeror's plans following the purchase,
- beneficial ownership and trading of the offeror's securities,
- securities subject to the offering,
- effects of the offer on the market for the corporation's securities,
- source of the offeror's funds for the purchase,
- income tax considerations,
- Competition Act legislation,
- statutory rights of offerees.
Download the Canada Takeover Bid Offering Circular in MS Word format, or we can convert it into another format on request.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016