Do your employees know how to handle hazardous chemicals? Keep them safe. Provide them each with a copy of this Canada Guide to Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS).
WHMIS is a system designed to ensure that Canadian workers are informed and prepared in order to work safely with hazardous materials in the workplace. This guide includes a number of topics including:
- 7 Rules of Chemical Safety,
- the short-term and long-term harmful effects of chemicals on the body,
- elements of material safety data sheets (MSDS),
- how to identify WHMIS labels and symbols,
- what is required of suppliers and employers to comply with the WHMIS system and the law.
The Canada Guide to Workplace Hazardous Material Information System is a PDF download.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016