Director of Photography Deal Memo
Write a deal memo for the director of photography on a film production with this customizable template. Terms of the Deal Memo include:
- If additional photography is required after shooting wraps in order to complete production of the picture, the DP will be given the first opportunity to perform the additional work.
- The DP will have final approval in the selection, hiring and termination of his/her crew, but the DP and the producer must mutually approve the grip, electric, and camera department.
- The DP can request specific crew, but if they fail to work under the producer's terms and conditions, the producer can terminate them at its discretion.
- The Director of Photography's services will be considered a work made for hire and the producer will be considered the author and will have full ownership rights to the work.
- The DP will be entitled to screen credit in the main titles or end titles (as applicable), as well as credit in paid advertising and one-sheet posters, whenever credit is accorded to the editor, production designer and costume designer.
- The DP will have access to the finished picture on a master format when it becomes available.
- Buy a copy of this Director of Photography Deal Memo template and save hundreds in legal fees.
Last Updated: 18-February-2022