Exclusive Songwriting Contract
Music publishers need a sizable catalog of music. Expand yours by hiring a songwriter under this Exclusive Songwriting Contract to write new compositions for you to publish.
- The songwriter transfers to the publisher all rights to the compositions written during the term of the contract, in return for weekly advances and royalties on sales.
- The publisher will have exclusive access to the songwriter's services during the contract period.
- The publisher has the right to refuse any song, and any rejected song will remain the sole property of the songwriter.
- The songwriter has not and will not offer the compositions to any party other than the publisher as long as the contract is in effect.
- The publisher has the option to renew the contract.
- This digital legal form template can be used in either the United States or Canada.
Don't spend hundreds of dollars in legal fees to get a contract drawn up. The Exclusive Songwriting Contract is a standard form agreement that you can download and start using immediately.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016