Iowa land owners, lease farm land to a tenant with this Iowa Cash or Crop Share Farm Lease.
- The Lease contains provisions for either (i) payment of the rent in cash, or (ii) for the tenant to pay the landlord a share of the crops grown on the leased lands as rent.
- In addition to the crop shares, the tenant agrees to pay as additional rent certain fixed amounts for pasture, hay land, timber, wasteland and other non-variable cropland.
- The tenant agrees to store the landlord's share of the crops, provided that it does not exceed a certain percentage of the storage available to the tenant.
- The parties will each provide certain items of equipment, materials, and labor, and pay a share of the expenses to run the farming operations.
- The tenant agrees to use the land for agricultural purposes only, and to farm the land in accordance with proper farming practices.
- The tenant is responsible for obtaining crop, liability, property damage and workers' compensation insurance.
- Participation in USDA programs may be (i) at the option of each party, or (ii) as a mutual decision by both parties.
The Iowa Cash or Crop Share Farm Lease
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your needs.