Literary Agency and Representation Agreement
Draw up an exclusive contract between an author and an agent with this template Literary Agency and Representation Agreement.
- The agent is being retained on an exclusive basis to represent and negotiate the sale and licensing of the author's work.
- The agreement can cover a specific work or can be ongoing to encompass future work by the author.
- The contract contains provisions for either a single flat-rate commission, or for multi-scale commissions based on domestic, foreign and subsidiary sales (TV, film, etc.).
- The agent has the right to engage co-agents, and is responsible for paying the co-agents from the agent's commission.
- The author has the right to audit the agent's accounting records once a year.
- When you buy and download the Literary Agency and Representation Agreement, it's yours to use as often as you like. You can also customize it and tailor it to fit your unique needs.
Last Updated: 17-February-2021