Sell a residential property in the State of Maine with this Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Marketable Title. The seller agrees to deliver good and marketable title to the property in accordance with the Standards of Title adopted by the Maine Bar Association.
- Title Defects. If the seller is unable to correct any title defects within the time allocated (or any extension agreed to), the purchaser may elect to accept title as is and pay the purchase price without deduction.
- Septic Systems. The seller must disclose if the property contains a shoreland zone septic system. If so, the seller agrees to provide certification regarding malfunctions within the past 180 days.
- Smoke Detectors. The seller must also deliver a certificate from the fire department that the property is equipped with approved smoke detectors.
- The Agreement includes a Lead-Based Paint Disclosure, as required by federal law.
This Maine Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreement
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully customizable to meet your needs.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016