Montana Notice of Abandonment of Personal Property
MT landlords, if your tenant has left personal property behind after moving out, you must serve them with this Notice of Abandonment before you can dispose of the property.
- The Notice must be given in accordance with the Montana Landlord and Tenant Act. It includes a Service of Notice form, to record the details of how the service was effected on the tenant
- The Notice informs the tenant that the landlord believes the personal property left at the premises was abandoned and has removed and stored it for safekeeping.
- The tenant has 15 days to remove the property or the landlord will sell or otherwise dispose of it.
- A Service of Notice form is included, to record the details of how the Notice was served on the tenant.
- Available as a downloadable MS Word document.
- Intended for use only in the State of Montana.
Last Updated: 18-May-2021