NWT Landlord Permission to Sublet
Get your landlord's consent to assign your lease or sublet your rental unit for the rest of the lease term with this Permission Agreement to Sublet or Assign Lease for the Northwest Territories.
- The new tenant must meet the landlord's requirements, and the landlord must give its written approval of the new tenant.
- The form contains clauses for either an assignment of the lease or a sublease of the premises.
- The landlord has the option to hold the existing tenant responsible for performing the tenant's obligations until the end of the lease term, or alternatively, to release the tenant from all obligations under the lease once a new tenant is approved.
- This form is available as a downloadable and fully editable MS Word template.
- Intended to be used only in the Northwest Territories, Canada.
Last Updated: 07-February-2022