New Jersey Notice of Abandoned Property
NJ landlords, if your tenant has vacated and left behind personal property, you must serve them with this New Jersey Notice of Abandoned Property.
- The property cannot be determined to be abandoned until you have retaken possession of the rental premises.
- The landlord informs the tenant where the personal property is being stored, and how many days the tenant has to remove it.
- If the tenant fails to remove the property within the designated time period, the landlord has the right to sell, destroy or otherwise dispose of it.
- A Record of Service form is included to record the details of how the Notice was served on the tenant.
- This template is available in MS Word format. Downloadable, easy to use.
- Only for use in the State of New Jersey.
Last Updated: 30-August-2020