New Mexico Rental Agreement for Residential Premises
Do you own a house or apartment in New Mexico that you want to rent to a tenant? If you said yes, then you need this Rental Agreement template for a residential rental premises.
- The Agreement establishes what is called a "periodic tenancy" because it runs from rental period to rental period (month to month or week to week).
- The tenant must pay late fees if the rent is not paid on time, and a charge for any returned checks.
- The tenant is responsible for yard maintenance.
- Procedure that the landlord must follow for returning the tenant's security deposit at the end of the tenancy.
- Provisions for termination by either party, in accordance with New Mexico landlord-tenant laws.
- The file also contains a Lead Paint Disclosure form, as required by law.
- Also included is a Premises Condition Report to be jointly filled in by the landlord and the tenant at the beginning and the end of the tenancy.
Always get a signed rental contract from your tenant before they move in. You can customize this downloadable Rental Agreement for Residential Premises, and re-use it for each new tenant.