Lease a house or apartment in New York to a tenant with this Fixed Term Residential Lease Agreement.
The lease runs for a fixed term, such as 1 year. The Lease Agreement contains standard conditions covering residential rentals such as:
- when and how the rent is to be paid;
- security deposit and late charges;
- responsibilities of each of the parties for maintenance and repairs;
- abandonment of the property by the tenant;
- assignment or subletting by the tenant;
- restrictions on pets;
- the landlord's remedies for disturbances and illegal activities by the tenant;
- the tenant's responsibility to carry renter's insurance;
- early termination of the lease.
The form also includes a Lead Paint Disclosure
form as required by federal law, and a Premises Inspection Report
, to be completed by the landlord and tenant at the beginning and end of the tenancy.
This New York Fixed Term Residential Lease Agreement
is a plain language lease which is fully editable and can be customized to fit your specific needs. Updated June 2012.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016