Nova Scotia Sale of Abandoned Tenant Property Forms
Has your tenant moved out and left personal property behind? If you plan to sell it you must first file these forms with the Department of Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations.
- Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1989, the landlord may sell any personal property abandoned by a tenant at the expiry or termination of a tenancy.
- The Inventory Form contains a list of the property and where it will be stored.
- The Accounting of Sale Form contains a detailed listing of any property sold and a calculation of sale proceeds less expenses.
- The landlord must forward the net proceeds of the sale to the Department along with the Accounting of Sale form.
- These Nova Scotia Sale of Abandoned Tenant Property Forms are provided in MS Word format.
Last Updated: 05-June-2018