ON land owners, lease pasture land to a tenant with this Ontario Pasture Lease template.
- The term of the lease can be either for a fixed number of years with an option to renew, or a continuing term which reverts to a yearly lease after the initial term expires.
- The lease contains two options to determine how rent will be calculated - either based on (i) the number of acres of pasture land, or (ii) the number of livestock grazing the land.
- The tenant is responsible for ensuring that livestock do not break through fences, and must ensure that all animals meet the landlord's approval with respect to health, breed, sex, age, and number of animals.
- The tenant must use the land for agricultural purposes only.
- The tenant must comply with all federal, provincial and local environmental laws, rules and regulations, and must ensure proper waste disposal and storage of chemicals.
- The tenant must carry sufficient insurance satisfactory to the landlord, including spill insurance.
This Ontario Pasture Lease
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your needs.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016