Ontario Power of Attorney for Personal Care
Appoint an attorney to make personal care and medical decisions for you with this Ontario Power of Attorney for Personal Care.
- The Power of Attorney is in accordance with the Ontario Substitute Decisions Act, 1992.
- This document allows you to appoint someone you trust to make personal care decisions on your behalf in the event that you can no longer do so. Personal care decisions include such things as health care, housing, clothing, hygiene, safety, and diet.
- This Power of Attorney does NOT grant your attorney authority to manage your finances or property.
- The form includes clear instructions on how to complete and execute the Power of Attorney form to ensure that it is valid.
- The form is for use only in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- No need to purchase multiple forms. You and your spouse / partner can both make a Power of Attorney for Personal Care using this template.
Last Updated: 15-February-2021