Ontario Section 85 Rollover Agreement to Exchange Assets for Preferred Shares
Exchange (roll over) certain assets for preferred shares in an Ontario company with this Section 85 Rollover Agreement (Assets for Preferred Shares).
- The rollover is pursuant to Subsection 85(1) of the Income Tax Act (Canada).
- The vendor shareholder sells the subject shares to a holding company in exchange for preferred shares in the capital stock of the holding company with a redemption amount equal to the purchase price.
- The parties agree to file joint elections under Section 85(1) under the ITA and as required under the Ontario Corporations Tax Act.
- The file includes a Section 116 Affidavit to be sworn by a corporate officer of the vendor, if applicable.
- The Ontario Section 85 Rollover Agreement (Assets for Preferred Shares) is available in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.
Last Updated: 03-March-2021