Before you can raise the rent, the Prince Edward Island Rental of Residential Property Act requires you to serve your tenant with this Form 10 Notice of Increase in Rent of Residential Premises.
The landlord must inform the tenant:
- how much the increase is,
- what the new rent will be,
- how much of a percentage increase this is,
- what the maximum increase is under Section 13 of the Regulations to the Act,
- the date that the rent for the property was last increased.
The lessee (tenant) has the right to have the rental increase reviewed by the Director of Residential Rental Property within 10 days after receiving this PEI Notice of Increase in Rent of Residential Premises.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016