Continuing and Welfare Power of Attorney | Scotland
Illness or injury can happen to any of us at any time. Plan for such eventualities with this combined Continuing and Welfare Power of Attorney for Scotland.
- This form combines a Continuing Power of Attorney with a Welfare Power of Attorney. You can download it, fill it in, sign it and register it. Instructions and information are included on how to complete and register the form.
- The Continuing Power of Attorney lets you name someone you trust to deal with your property and financial affairs when you are unable to do so, whether due to absence or incapacity. It comes into effect at your discretion - it can be effective immediately, or at a date you specify, or only if you become incapable of handling your own affairs.
- The Welfare Power of Attorney gives you an opportunity to name someone to deal with your personal welfare matters when you are unable to do so because you have been incapacitated, whether due to illness, injury or age. It only becomes effective if you are declared incapable.
- You can name the same person in both capacities, if you wish.
- Available in MS Word format.
- Intended to be used only in Scotland.
Last Updated: 18-February-2022