Songwriting For-Hire Contract (non-exclusive)
Recording companies can engage songwriters to supply musical compositions under the terms of this non-exclusive Songwriting For-Hire Contract.
- The songwriter agrees to write songs on a for-hire basis for the record company.
- The recording company in turn agrees to record the songs in sessions with any of its various artists.
- The agreement covers only those songs written on a for-hire basis for the recording company, and excludes any other material written by the songwriter.
- The songwriter has the right to assign any songs to a performance rights society (ASCAP or BMI) and to receive all monies paid by the society.
- This digital template can be used in both the United States and Canada.
You can hire a whole stable of writers with this non-exclusive Songwriting For-Hire Contract. Download the template for your contracts library.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016