UK landlords, let office or retail space to a tenant with this comprehensive UK Deed of Commercial Lease for Office Space.
- The parties to the lease are the (i) landlord and (ii) the tenant and a surety, who will be jointly and severally liable for performance of the tenant's obligations under the lease.
- The tenant covenants to pay rent, its proportionate share of charges for services, insurance rent, and VAT, as well as interest on all amounts not paid when due.
- The tenant will also pay all rates, taxes, duties and outgoings with respect to the office premises.
- The tenant will use the premises for its stated business purposes only.
- The tenant agrees keep the premises clean and in good condition and repair, except for repairs for damages caused by insured risks.
- The tenant may assign or sublet all (but not part) of the premises with the landlord's consent.
- The tenant will comply with the provisions of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- The landlord will provide the services set out in the lease and will keep the building insured against damage or destruction, as well as third party and liability insurance.
- The lease contains extensive rent review provisions.
This UK Deed of Commercial Lease for Office Space
is governed by English law and is for use in England and Wales only. This is a downloadable and fully editable MS Word template.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016