USA Franchise Disclosure Document for Regional Franchisors
FTC regulations require franchisors in the United States to provide all regional franchisor applicants with this Franchise Disclosure Document, so that the applicant can evaluate the business opportunity based on the following information:
- the franchisor's corporate structure and history,
- the business experience of the principals of the franchisor,
- any current or potential litigation involving the franchisor,
- regional franchise fees and other fees to be paid by the regional franchisor,
- restrictions on sources of products and services, and restrictions on what the regional franchisor may sell,
- the regional franchisor's obligations,
- assistance and training programs offered by the franchisor,
- trademarks, patents, copyrights and proprietary information of the franchisor,
- provisions for renewal, transfer and termination,
- dispute resolution,
- financial statements and information.
The USA Franchise Disclosure Document for Regional Franchisors template includes a list of addenda for State-specific requirements. Purchase and download your copy now.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016