USA farm owners, lease out available pasture land to a tenant with this downloadable Pasture Lease template.
- The term of the lease can be either for a fixed number of years with an option to renew, or a continuing term which reverts to a yearly lease after the initial term expires.
- The lease contains three options to determine how yearly rent will be calculated - (i) based on the number of acres of pasture land, (ii) on the number of livestock grazing the land, or (iii) on a payment for gain basis, where the tenant pays the landlord a rate per pound for the net increase in weight per animal pastured.
- The tenant is responsible for ensuring that livestock do not break through fences, and must ensure that all animals meet the landlord's approval with respect to health, breed, sex, age, and number of animals.
- The tenant is responsible for branding or tagging all of its animals.
- The tenant must carry livestock insurance throughout the term of the lease.
- The landlord is responsible for insurance on all buildings, fences and structures.
- The landlord is responsible for erecting and maintaining fences and for providing an adequate water supply.
- The landlord must pay all taxes levied against the pasture land.
- The parties agree to binding arbitration in the event of a dispute.
The USA Pasture Lease
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your needs.
Last Updated: 14-April-2016