ACT Shared Tenancy Agreement
Do you share a house or flat with a roommate? Be sure that everyone understands their obligations with this Shared Tenancy Agreement for Australian Capital Territory.
- This agreement is also known as a Roommate Agreement. It is NOT a rental contract or tenancy agreement between a landlord and tenant, but rather it is an agreement between roommates who share a tenancy.
- The agreement sets out:
- how shared household expenses will be divided among the tenants, including rent, bond, long distance charges on a land line (if any), wifi, groceries, etc.,
- what will happen if one of the roommates decides to move out,
- responsibility for damage and repairs,
- what happens if a roommate defaults in performing their obligations,
- disposal of any abandoned property left behind when a roommate moves out,
- a sample set of house rules.
- This Shared Tenancy Agreement is intended for use only in the Territory.
- The document template is fully editable and can be easily customised to fit your unique situation.
Last Updated: 22-March-2018