Alberta Fixed Term Residential Lease
Alberta landlords, lease a house, apartment, or basement suite to a tenant with this Fixed Term Residential Lease.
- This lease is for a fixed period of time specified in the Agreement such as 6 months, 1 year, etc.
- It is written in accordance with the provincial Residential Tenancies Act.
- The Tenancy Agreement contains such standard tenancy provisions as:
- how the security deposit will be held, used (if necessary) and returned to the tenant at the end of the lease term;
- the rights and obligations of each of the parties;
- provisions for early termination and for subletting or assigning the lease to a new tenant;
- pet provisions;
- tenant improvements;
- restrictions on smoking and growing cannabis;
- the lease reverts to a month to month tenancy if it is not renewed at the end of the initial term.
- The agreement includes a Premises Inspection Report to be completed at the beginning and end of the tenancy, and a Receipt for Rent form.
- This Tenancy Agreement CANNOT be used for a mobile home site rental, vacation property rental, or to rent living quarters in a landlord's residence, accommodation attached to a business premises, or dormitory rooms.
- This is a downloadable legal template governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta.
Last Updated: 08-June-2018